United Kingdom Transit Visa FAQs
What are the types of UK transit visa?
- Direct Airside Transit Visa: if you will change flights in the UK on your way to your destinationcountry, but you will not go through border control.
- UK visitor in transit visa: if when transiting the UK you need to go through UK border control, to check in your luggage for a connecting flight, or similar.
I want to apply for a United Kingdom visa, what are the requirements?
International passport (must be valid for at least 6months)
5X5 white background passport photograph
Work details i.e., introduction letter, Work ID card, etc
CAC registration certificate if business is registered.
6 months bank statement
Proof of onward journey
Evidence that you are allowed to enter the country that you are travelling to
When is the best time to start processing UK transit visa?
Three months before your travel date
How much does United Kingdom visa application & processing fee cost?
- Application & Biometric fee (Direct Airside Transit Visa): £34
- Application & Biometric fee (UK visitor in transit visa):£62
- Visa Application Centre fee (VAC): N17,600
- Processing fee per Adult: N84,400
- Processing fee per Child: N30,700
What is the difference between visa application fee and visa processing fee?
- Visa Application fee is the fee you pay to the embassy for applying for a visa
- Visa Processing fee is the fee you pay to TATAgency for visa services rendered to you
What does Visa Processing fee cover?
- Filling of client’s application form
- Flight reservation
- Hotel reservation
- Advisory services based on our experience
- Documentation review
- Guiding client through the application process
- Further assistance where needed
- Preparing client for interview through a pre-interview stage with TATAgency
Do I have to pay all the money at once?
No, you pay 85% of the processing fee (N71,740 per Adult & N26,095 per child), when the visa is approved, you will pay the balance.
You have to pay the full application fee
What if I am not working and I do not have a business, can I still apply?
Who is a Sponsor?
Will I go for interview?
Is it paper submission or online?
Its online submission
Will you review my documents before I submit?
Must I get an invitation letter before I can apply?
I was just refused visa. Can I apply, if yes, when is the best time to reapply?
How much should I have in my account?
Is your visa guaranteed?
guide you for a better chance based on our vast knowledge and experience on visa application
If I am not physically in Lagos or Abuja, can I still apply with TATAgency?
Do TATAgency assist with work permit visa?
What if I am refused a visa, will there be a refund?
Can I travel immediately my visa is out?
How do I trust TATAgency?
- We are registered with CAC
- We are IATA Accredited
- We are reggistered with NCAA
- We have our office in Lagos and Canada
- You can visit our website: www.tatagency.com
Do I need to have a travel history before applying?
After getting my visa, can TATAgency assist with flight and accommodation?
How long is the visa processing time with the embassy?
30 working days after submission
Can I fast track the process if I do not have so much time left before I travel?
Yes, you will pay for UK priority visa (processing time is 5working days) which costs N110,000
What is the duration (in validity) of the Visa?
- 24hours for Direct Airside Transit Visa
- 48hours for UK visitor in transit visa